Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chicken Chili

I love this recipe and so does my hubby...I got this recipe from Food Network's website: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/recipe/27660

I have changed it a little to meet our needs. Since I don't have a food processor I bought 2 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes (I bought store brand); I also only bought 3 split bone in chicken breasts (that's how many come in the package and it was cheaper since we're on a tight budget). Another thing I did was used already minced garlic, the recipe calls for 2 cloves and on the minced garlic packaging it says 1/2tsp is equivalent to 1 clove, so 1 tsp is all you need. I cut and chopped the onions by hand, a trick to not crying while cutting them is not to talk and to breathe through your nose only...if you've got kids, like I do, do it while they're napping or else you'll probably have tears and stinging in your eyes. Another thing I didn't use was fresh basil, I never use it I just use dried basil. If using dried basil I use about a teaspoon or so of it.

I pretty much follow the directions with the above substitutions and when it's done it looks like the picture I've posted. You can certainly top it with the suggestions included in the recipe if you want depending on your dietary needs. Enjoy!!

This is dairy free, egg free, and rice free.

No comments:

Post a Comment